Monday 17 September 2007

and Ramadhan kicks in...

That's right. Before you know it, its that time of the year again. The fasting month. Of course, naturally being one who drinks too much plain water, my body is still struggling being water deprived for almost 13 hours on a daily basis. The recurrent headache therefore forces me to spend most of my fasting hours in bed. But hey, home is where the heart is.

So anyways, I'm glad that this year I'm spending half of Ramadhan here in Malaysia, before I fly off to London on the October 1st. This will be my second year celebrating Raya abroad. Sobs T.T but I survived last year just fine, so this year will be no different.

Since its that time of the day when you're beyond hungry, it is inevitable that you want to buy every single food item on sale in the Food Bazaar. And who can blame you? You're practically spoilt for choices, especially since the bazaar 10 feet away from my house has 200 stalls. Practical? I think so. But here's the real deal after Buka Puasa: You realise you don't have all the space in your stomach to accommodate for all the food you bought earlier on =) Typical. So here I am blogging after my buka puasa, all full and contented. I had my favourite "nasi kaya", and now my sugar level is back on the rise. I'm happy, and that's good.

I have less than 2 weeks before my flight back to London. I haven't packed. I can't be bothered. I'm not looking forward to those long flights, boring transit waits and immigration. I just wish I could orb into my flat in Durham, and unpack my things. Yeah, dream on.

The only productive activity I've done all summer was to meet up with old friends, and that was good fun. As a result, I'm close to being broke =( So, its pretty much staying at home till sept 30.

Who am I kidding? I thought I could update my blog but I'm really not in the mood. I'm off to msn gossip. Later!

No comments: