Sunday 28 January 2007

Why did I take Philosophy ?

Why ? More precisely, why was I forced to take the module : Knowledge and Reality? I remembered the first assignment given : to summarise Descartes' Meditation I.

God, philosophers have got to be the saddest sadist that ever existed! So Tasha, its not just award winning English writers. Philosophers too! Here's an extract from Descartes' Meditation VI, one of the famous craps I have to read and refer to all the time. All I know is at this point, I hate him so much! I despise him! If he was alive I'd curse him! And I know he's a genius and all, but seriously....

"Because, on the one hand, I have a clear and distinct idea of myself, as only a thinking and unextended thing, and as, on the other hand, I possess a distinct idea of body.. only an unextended and unthinking thing, it is certain that I am entirely and truly distinct from my body, and may exist without it"

He is basically saying that the mind and the body are two separate things. Because previously he was thinking otherwise.

Don't you just "love" him ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is a question for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use part of the information from this post right above if I give a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Charlie

Anonymous said...

Darren McFadden Women's Jersey axiotakix
J.J. Watt Limited Jersey axiotakix
J.J. Watt Jersey axiotakix
http://www.nikechicagobearsshop.com

Anonymous said...

Arian Foster Elite Jersey axiotakix
Frank Gore Black Jersey axiotakix
Andrew Luck Youth Jersey axiotakix
http://www.nikechicagobearsshop.com