Wednesday 13 June 2007

Summer, are you here yet?

I came back from my Italy trip exhausted and slightly tanned. Too much of margherita pizzas made me bloat. Eating ice cream (gelato in italian!) after lunch whilst touring around Rome and Venice was fun! After spending several nights both in Italy and London, I'm beyond exhausted. I still am, and I'm still sleeping only 6-7 hours a night (I need at least 8). Tomorrow however, is my day trip to Edinburgh. Tired, but looking forward to it.

I finally watched Phantom of the Opera during my last night in London. I pre-booked my ticket because I wanted the best seat, which I did, in the stalls - it was 4 rows away from the stage! I could see every detail, every setting and every prop clearly. Imagine sitting in the upper circle. I paid 53 quid and it was worth every damn pound. I did cry, and so did the others. And truth is, I have every intention to watch it again. Once is just not enough. It's just so freaking addictive. And this won't come out as a surprise to my mom, I bought the Prima Donna t-shirt and the programme booklet. Usually I'd grab the CD as well but I already have the whole soundtrack in my iPod.

It's less than 2 weeks now! I can't wait to go back to Malaysia. So I went back during Easter and Winter, but I still miss home! Although it can get blazing hot and the heat, sickly annoying, I still love home on top of everything else. The weather is usually constant. No fluctuations in temperature. It's not summer today and winter the next day. Because that is what it's like here in Durham. Still freezing. Isn't it summer already? Why is it 12 Celcius still?

No comments: