Sunday 17 June 2007

Typical Sunday Night In

So it wasn't summer yet in Edinburgh. Like duh, the further up north, the colder it gets. So there I was with a normal spring-like jacket and a tank top heading to Edinburgh. I got down at Waverley Station and shivered immediately. To make myself feel better, I bought myself a hot cup of chocolate, with whipped cream and marshmallows. And added 4 sachets of sugar. obviously. Life is good again.

Cheng, being the Edinburgh addict had her guidebook ready, asking me where to head first. I thought, let's get the Castle over and done with. She agreed, and poor girl, had a hard time stopping me from entering every single souvenir shop. I just can't help it, it's in my blood. After the Castle, we were off to the 10 ten places to visit in Edinburgh, according to the guide book. God bless the fact that everything was within walking distance. The one we left for last, which I also thought was the best, which naturally was the place I spent the most, the Palace of Holyroodhouse. A girl's perfect dream, living in a giant castle, just like a princess. Took too much pictures that by the end of the day, both cameras died out of exhaustion.

So that was pretty much my Edinburgh day trip. Sorry Dash, I didn't call you cos I realised a tad too late that I didn't have your number. Lame, I know but that was the truth =)

So after one week of lots and lots of walking and very little rest, I'm done with travelling for the year (well, excluding my trip home, which is a nightmare I dread. Long flights just make my hair go berserk) I may have gone back home for the Winter, Easter, and now, the Summer break. I may have not travelled half as much as the rest even, but I did my share of travelling after exams and most importantly, I had fun going with friends, and not just tagging along with random friends I don't know all that well. As much as I want to go take a stroll and admire the Eiffel Tower of Paris, skiing in Switzerland, watch operas in Prague, I want to do it all with my Sayang Azman. Then again, when I'm with you, anyplace will do because the other pieces will fall into place by itself. So for the next few days, all the way till my flight home, I'm under my own house arrest. That would do a lot of good for me physically and financially!

This is classic me. When I'm bored, I blab a lot. Blabbing too much that sometimes I make ridiculous spelling errors. My flight back to Malaysia is on the 25th June, Monday morning. 8 days, and counting. Which means I need to start packing, but knowing me- I can't be bothered. Seriously. I could be lying down on the grass in Palace Green, eating ice cream, or simply watching movies in bed, everything else sounds so much better without ever being attached to packing.

But tomorrow afternoon I'm going to watch Pirates of the Carribean 3 with Cheng. Can't wait though! Nobody tells me anything about the movie or I'll break your kneecaps.

Actually right now I'm wondering how many of my friends are already back home. At times I wish I could orb. I don't want to go through the agony of long flights and turbulences. It's all such a nightmare. I want to be home without having to go through all that. These are the times you wish that Malaysia is close to London. Argh. But I might as well enjoy my 10 celcius here before I go back home to 30 celcius.

Right this second - I am craving for Saddlers' chocolate cheescake. I blame Laura for introducing it to me. Really I do. It's so freaking yummy, it makes Secret Recipe's Chocolate Cheese look like nothing. Then again, in Malaysia that's your best bet. Unless your boyfriend is a culinary chef to be *hint* *hint* then he can whip you up something better. If everything else fails, there's always a food fight to engage in ;)

And I also have this desire to watch Phantom of the Opera the musical again! It's so worth every pound! And I'm getting the dvd box set from amazon. But right now I'm going to make hot chocolate for myself and enjoy watching online shows. My typical Sunday night in. I might as well enjoy it before Monday Blues kicks in. So that's all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea!! ur coming back!! dont forget to ring me... kite lunch plak.. [breakfast asyik x jadi] :P

Unknown said...

Amnie darling...
So sorry i have not been updating myself. exams are jus over n soon i'll be off to continue my remaining years of Med Sch in Aberdeen. Read bout ur trip in Edinburgh n it's a lovely place indeed. My bf, Jmz will be continuing his remaining yrs there n shud u come by to Aberdeen, do gif me a call. t'care!