Wednesday 2 May 2007

Exam Season

OMG.

It's been ages since I last blogged. I know. And I actually don't have an excuse this time.

The exam season is back. Everyone is hiding in their rooms behind their thick books. Well to be fair, I'm one of them. Sometimes I hate the fact that my degree is so demanding. I mean seriously, who sleeps only 8 hours a day and spend the rest of the hours reading? Most people don't even know how cohesive my degree is. Or what it stand for. Someone I knew thought PPE was Petroleum Engineering. Roight.

Some study a few hours a day. Some, uncountable. And the very very few minors; none. Almost everybody know I'm always in my room. Very few, however, know that I actually spend my time watching shows on YouTube or DailyMotion, because the idea of revising ticks me off. Its not that I need a reality check. I'm sick of studying because I've been doing that for the past 16 years, and I don't have the energy to go on anymore. But I know, I'm not ready to work yet, because I do not want to pay for taxes! Studying is often tiring, exhausting, and makes you hungry! Yes it does.

One of the reasons why I don't blog so often anymore, and this is for real: Tasha blogs out my thoughts. Seriously. Ideas I have that linger around my mind are either published, or will come out in her next entry. I know, great minds think alike.

And then there's her entry about wearing baju kurung. The last time I was back in Malaysia and went shopping, I was out shopping for cloth to drape my book racks. While browsing I came across the softest, most luxurious cotton ever! It was white, and oh-so-pure! And I know when I come back this summer I'm definitely going to get 4 metres of it and turn it into a classic baju-kurung. I will. Watch me. Alas, this year we can't celebrate Hari Raya in Malaysia ( that's kinda expected ) but I'm going to make more baju kurungs then ever! This is a healthy obsession- not that I'm becoming a traditionalist nor a purist, but fact is, I love being me, and I love my very own culture! So we Malays aren't all thumbs-up. But who cares? It's true though, "takkan Melayu hilang di dunia". Oh don't get me started on what we Malays are, and what we're not. I'm not 100% Malay, but I was brought up in that society. Tasha, we were all once snobs. It's good that we've come to the realization stage, and surprisingly we're actually becoming bigger people.

This is quite worrying because normally I'm in such a bitchy mood I can bitch about literally everything. I'm actually becoming a bigger person. I'm all so positive and beaming with hope.

I think I know why. I've been doing Maths for the last 2 days. Objectivity now makes me happier than anything else. I love knowing the fact that I'm right. Because I don't have to argue my case and justify every single damn belief I choose to hold on to. Because for the moment, I'm sick of Philosophy and Politics. Listening to music on my iTunes while revising my mathematical economic module and eating Marks and Spencer teacakes at the same time is giving me so much peace of mind. Forget about Ethics, forget about the United Nations. It's just me and my maths.

Which is really funny because I used to hate Maths so much.

1 comment:

BEiB said...

Nice entry...Hope you'll alwaz remember Hang Tuah's words "Tak Melayu Hilang DiDunia" but ironically Hang Tuah was one of those who disappeared without a trace....Hmm..Why not write something about your special mom...take care.