Tuesday 8 May 2007

Things I Enjoy

This is very typical of me. As the exams get closer, I get lazier. God it's only next week! I don't even have the strength to sit at my table and study anymore because I simply don't want to. Last night, I went to watch Spiderman 3 with Aimee at our very own local Gala Theatre, Durham. Costed me only 3.25 quid. Not bad right? To be honest I expected better, but not that the show was all bad. It was too catchy, especially the part where Spiderman was running to save the world and accompanying him in the background, the American flag. And of course, Tobey Macguire gained some weight, so now you have the chubby Spiderman.

That should have been a good de-stress session right? But no, I tried studying after the movie, and ended up watching Desperate Housewives. Procrastination has become too much a part of me, I don't know what to do anymore. I just finished watching the latest show of Heroes with their typical cliffhanger ending.

Apart from wasting time watching online shows, I try to find myself better things to do, which would supposedly, make me a better person, perhaps? Maybe later. Right now, since I'm so bored, I'll just make a list of things I enjoy. In random order.

  1. Talking to my darling Azman on the phone all day long
  2. Included are msn and skype as well
  3. Dinners when they served salmon
  4. Watching my friends getting fat and ballooning up
  5. Giving random miss calls to my sayang Azman
  6. The whites who dress terribly, worse than any Malaysian ah-lians and ah-bengs, and rempits even
  7. Wasting time with my laptop
  8. Marks and Spencer chocolate teacakes
  9. reading Eve, May edition
  10. Checking my bank's online balance, hoping that one day Petronas will bank in my money
  11. Randomly playing sentimental songs
  12. Lunch and tuna salad
  13. Rearranging things on my study table
  14. Castle Great Hall's Formal
  15. Not exercising, and not ballooning up at the same time (regardless the amount of my cheese intake at every meal time)
  16. Laughing at snobs who think they're all that (at least my skin is freckle-free, and no, freckles do not make you look cuter)
  17. Secretly condeming Asians conversing in that obvious indubitable fake British accent
  18. Picking up the flaws of the Brits who discriminate against me and rub it in their faces. Hard.
  19. Looking at idiots spend in Jack Wills
  20. Blasting my funky speakers out loud together with my iPod. iLoveit!

And the ultimate one which I know I will enjoy is this; When I rub it really hard in the faces of the people who never thought Azman and I could ever make it. Not even for a month. It's been 16 months now and we're still standing strong as ever. Despite the long distance the passion never runs out.

So for the moment, it doesn't take a genius to see that I'm really really out of my mind bored. I wanna talk to Azman but he's catching up on his sleep. I really do miss him.

And one thing that I've observed, is the fact that I am still not free.

Not free to the extent that in order to get the highest grade for your degree, it all goes back to being smart when it comes to choosing your modules. Pick the posh, prestigious modules, and you'll end up suffering, cracking your brains trying to score, even if it's your most favourite module in the whole world. But pick a module where you have the advantage of some background knowledge, and score!

This isn't a very mesmerizing blog entry, I know. Prolly too controversial and too tilted towards the nonsense section. It's one thing to want to blog out your thoughts, and it's another when people attack your stand by provoking you. Know this, it is amazingly easy to critique. Try writing a controversial issue and see how you fend for yourself when the critics come pouncing on you. It ain't easy.

For all that's worth, I shall stop now. It's time I get back to reading Nietzsche's works. Definitely one of the things I do not enjoy.

No comments: