Saturday 26 May 2007

My Sweet Tooth

If you put 3 teaspoonful of sugar in your hot chocolate, raise your hand.

If you put 4 teaspoons in a small cup of tea, say aye.

If you need to put more sugar to a tea made for you, which by anyone's standard is beyond sweet, stand up .

If you put at least 6 teaspoons of sugar in a mug of tea, then I'll be so glad to know I'm not alone.

I have such a sweet tooth! Sometimes I worry that I'll get diabetes. No, its not like catching a cold I know, but at the rate I'm going, God knows. I need help. I need sugar in almost everything I do. Nobody puts sugar in hot chocolate - I know right?

Whenever anyone makes a drink for me, it's never right. It's always lacking sugar. For me, I will always need to add more and more sugar.

Well I've never actually tried to make the medicine go down by taking a spoonful of sugar, raw, but dear god.

And no, I don't get sugar high, not at all. I just get very pissed if my drink or dessert is not sweet enough. It's not worth it at all. I might as well not eat it. Carpe diem right? Seize the day. If you want to drink that hot chocolate, make sure you'll be satiated in the end.

I've always thought it would be better to die young (so Marilyn Monroe, I know!) and looking gorgeous, rather than old and miserable and ugly. To be fair, if you're the first to go among your friends and family, they will miss you and miss you for a long time. And they wonder why you had to go first when it could have been them. And people would be saying you have to let go and all. (I hope) (Nobody gets to lecture to me about Aristotle's eudaimonia concept - I'm dropping Philosophy!) But is it better to die young looking pretty or die old and lonely and ugly? In my defence, women have a longer lifespan than men, in general. Men's brain also tend to shrink faster than women. I didn't make this up, it's from scientific research I read. Yes, I read a lot! But that's not my point. All this death talk is devastating, but it does make me wonder at times. Most married women with great health are highly likely to end up alone. Somehow the husband will always die first.

But if the wife dies first, then I'm sure, I'll shave my head if I'm wrong, their husbands would gladly remarry. And gladly reproduce. (Excluding Azman of course!) Of course the very few ones become celibates and worship their dead wife by looking at their pictures everyday to keep their memories alive. They surely still exist. Such loyalty, is so rare in this world today. In the brink of extinction, I'd say.

That's besides the point. Considering the fact that it's close to bedtime, I stray away from the topic like its the most natural thing to do. Anyways, I've tried Pal-Sweet or Equal, anything that says 1/8 of the calorie as compared to sugar or whatsoever crap, but it didn't work. It's not as sweet, and it tastes terribly artificial. I need real, granulated sugar. And seriously, how could people drink their tea without sugar at all? I tried, but I can't. Yes Cheng, I admire you for doing it =)

I think I need help. But its ok, I think I drink enough water to detoxify myself. Would that actually help? Hmmmmm....


Damn the exams. If it weren't for the exam season I'd be eating a 10" peperoni pizza and having movie night with my girlfriends. I'm going shopping after my International Relations paper. And no one can stop me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ish2... and u say ur a SJian... lidah pure kelantanese.. nak jugak gule lebey2... hehe... anyway.. nak juge pepperoni pizza.. kt tronoh tade...

Amnie said...

Lol Illy, memanglah I budak Subang cos I was raised there. Since its in my blood, I admit I hav lidah Kelantan haha =p Except for budu. Anything else with extra sugar i'll take! Hehe

Anonymous said...

Somehow I suspect you like the taste of sugar... not hot chocolate or whatever else you're drinking. Why not you keep your money and minum air gula instead? And don't even bother mixing your syrup with water, drink it macam tuh je. Hahaha. Gila manis k!!
I don't happen to have sugar lying around in my place. So if you ever plan to come down to Notts, please warn me first so that I'll buy a bag of sugar for you.
And obviously la the equal would taste artificial if you put 10 tablets or so in there. It is artificial anyway. 3 max, if not it taste horrible. And it doesn't go well with tea. My mom uses equal, I curi once in a while when I don't have my chocolate spread to put into my coffee =P

Amnie said...

No Fatin, not the taste of sugar itself, but the taste sugar gives to other food i'm consuming. Ahhhh... Yeah btw equal sux! Ha janganlah cilok lagi! Get Marks and Spencer's Granulated Sugar! I shall warn you before I grace you with my presence in Nottingham. Ha!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.